Keep your feet on their toes this summer
Just as you are conscientious about keeping your skin from burning and staying hydrated, it is important not to neglect your feet. Your feet take a beating in the summertime. Many times your feet are cooped up in shoes all day without much chance to breathe. The term pounding the pavement really does apply as walking barefoot and the repetitive motion of flip flops and sandals take its toll on the skin of the feet.
Keeping your feet happy and healthy is an essential form of skin care not only during the summer but always.
Healthy Feet Mean a Happy Body.
There are many ways to keep your feet healthy. Remember, your feet are what carry you throughout your day and your life and we all need to be kind to them.
* Natural foot scrub – Take a 1/8 of teaspoon of lavender oil mixed with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 cup of salt. Mix together well. You can add more olive oil if needed. Place the scrub all over your feet, especially concentrating on the heels. Rub thoroughly for several minutes, rinsing with warm water and patting down gently with a towel.
* Sugary sweet foot scrub – Take ¼ cup of sugar, 15 drops of eucalyptus oil, ¼ cup of almond oil, and some of your favorite moisturizer if desired. Mix together well and spread all over the feet. Do not forget in between the toes, and concentrate on the heels that take the most beating. Rinse thoroughly in a foot soak first and in the shower or tub thereafter.
* Foot smoothie – Mix oatmeal, olive oil, baking soda, and water together to form a paste that will give your wounded warriors a lot of moisture. Just spread the paste all over your feet, rinse well and pat dry. Put moisturizer and cotton socks on overnight and your feet will feel soft and smooth in the morning.
Give them a quick soak:
Sometimes you may not be in the mood or have the time to do an all-out foot scrub, so soaking your tired tootsies is good enough.
* A combination of milk, warm water, and a little baby oil is perfect for soothing and moisturizing your feet.
* Eucalyptus oil, warm water, and baking soda also make a relaxing yet invigorating foot scrub.
Hopefully these natural quick easy tips should keep that bounce in your step throughout the day! x :)